2/25/16: These updated benefits will be in effect upon the new TYA/USA website launch March 1. Links within benefits currently link to the new site and will not work until launch. Thank you.
Choose Your Form:
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- TYA Today: Receive a one-year subscription to our semi-annual magazine, featuring articles and information pertinent to national and global TYA issues.
- MARQUEE Enjoy access to our online member directory featuring each organizational member theatre’s season, contact and organization information. View our compiled Trends page and see what’s on hand in the Bonus Material section: past Webinar videos, digitized TYA Today back issues, and more.
- TYA Connect Receive bi-weekly emailed newsletters regarding national and international activities, the TYA Callboard, links to members in the news, and other relevant stories.
NETWORKING & CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- One Theatre World: Attend TYA/USA’s biennial national festival featuring workshops, performances, seminars, and master classes. Members enjoy reduced rates and early registration. Next up: May 3-5, 2017 hosted by Bay Area Children’s Theatre in Berkeley-San Francisco-Oakland, California.
- Professional Development Webinars: Participate in our special online events led by industry professionals. NEW: Participation is now included with your membership! Nonmembers may register at the cost of $20 per webinar.
- Ann Shaw Fellowship: Be eligible for our annual fellowship program to fund career development opportunities.
- Support: Priority is given to Member Organizations and Individuals in publicizing Job Opportunities, Calls for Submissions, News, and more across our various platforms. We are also working on ways to open up more opportunities to Members in our various Publications.
- Membership: Take advantage of discounted Student, Student Group, and Emerging Professional memberships.
- Apply for student internships at the ASSITEJ World Congress. (See individual programs for current offers.)
- Apply for NEXT Generation activities through the TYA/USA home office. (See individual programs for current application requirements.)
- Apply for the International Directors Seminar hosted by ASSITEJ Germany, a biannual gathering that brings together theatre directors from around the world to work intensively together on a specific theme. Next up: Summer 2017 in Oldenburg, Germany.
- Attend international festivals and ASSITEJ World Congresses with TYA/USA status
- Young Playwrights for Change: Be eligible to host a local competition as part of this national competition sponsored by TYA/USA and AATE. The 2016-17 (Year 4) theme will go back to our roots with Anti-bullying.
- Harold Oaks Award: Be eligible to receive our annual honors given to acknowledge the significant contributions of individuals and organizations in the Theatre for Young Audiences field in the United States.
- With your membership to TYA/USA you automatically receive a free Associate Membership with Fractured Atlas is a non-profit organization that serves a national community of artists and arts organizations. You will receive:
- Access to quick, clear and painless liability and health insurance options and guidance.
- Online Courses in marketing, fundraising, and producing.
- Special offers and discounts.
- Four free months of full member benefits with access to fiscal sponsorship.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS AS DEVELOPED!
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP & RATES
Who are individual members?
Who are organization members?
Individual Membership Rates (one calendar year)
Emerging Career $70
Organization Membership Rates (one calendar year)
Organization Level 1 (budgets under $250K) $160
Organization Level 2 (budgets $250k-$999k) $325
Organization Level 3 (budgets over $1 million) $470
Student Group/Organization Rate (see details below) $155
Student Organization Memberships
- Student theatre organizations within a college or university may join TYA/USA at the Organizational level and include up to 4 current students in their membership.
- A “student theatre organization” is currently defined as a producing student theatre troupe within a college or university undergrad or graduate program. As the program evolves, this definition may expand in scope.
- As students graduate or leave the organization, you may add replacement members. Contact us at email@example.com to make any updates.
- If you are a current student member, and are interested in converting your membership along with your group to this new rate, please contact us.
- The college or university is not required to be a TYA/USA member, though we welcome them to join or renew.
- The annual rate is $155. This is a $6.25 savings for each individual student membership.
- Payment can be made through the college/university/department or an individual student.
- The organization will receive an Organizational listing in the new MARQUEE membership directory and stand alongside professional member organizations.
- All individual members within the organization will receive the same benefits as all members: a subscription to TYA Today, registration perks for One Theatre World, discounts on Professional Development Webinars, etc.
- Please contact us with any questions.